WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday.....more tweeking in the master bedroom.

Time again for the ever fun Met Monday posts. Thank you to Susan for hosting us at her terrific blog, http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.
Be sure and go there to see links for other Met Monday posters.



Before......what the window area use to look like partially redone and what it was like before.
As you can see the one single large rod looked real heavy, even repainted it looked heavy to me.
(Click on any photo to enlarge and see closer.)



Above the bed area before the swing arm rods.
Still messing with what goes above the bed.
Haven't found the perfect thing.

After......
Hubby had time to help me this weekend get the new drape rods in here hung.
We put two single rods for the drapes at the window instead of one long heavy one.
I found these on sale for $8 each at ROSS .
I liked them because of the crystal finials on the end.
They sort of help to coordinate with the prisms and crystals elsewhere in the room.

We also got the swing arm rods put above the bed area.
The bed with the swing arm rods above the bed closed or flush
against the wall.
Still don't know what I like above the bed; mirror, picture, what?


We switched the single white ( use to be gold) rod above the window
for two small singles with crystal finials.
I like the look much better.
Hanging the drapes higher too also gives the room a feeling that it is taller.
I still have to change the sheer under rod and move it up.


The swing arm rods above the bed allow for us to set them flat against the wall or have them
out like a canopy affect.
So far I am liking how it is coming together.
Still trying to ignore the icky green carpet, popcorn ceilings and border paper till we
can redo all those.
Was hoping we could get it done before the holidays but that might not happen.
With the wedding and all and now almost Nov. we might be in
a holding pattern till Winter or Spring.

10 comments:

Jane said...

I really like the idea of the swing rods above the bed for a canopy look...great idea. Really looks like your room is coming together.

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Linda,
~WOW! Your new master bedroom design is just gorgeous! Love it!
The warm paint color and bedding are really beautiful. ~Lovely!

Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)

PS Thanks for your sweet visit my friend! I really enjoy hearing from you.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love the blue drapes and the chandelier. Very opulent! I think it would look good to hang a grouping of small things above the bed, since you have the headboard and the curtains. Maybe the arrangement can follw the curve of the bed. Just a thought.

nannykim said...

It is improving!! Will be nice when it is completely finished!! A green rug can throw a cramp in things ;-)

nannykim from spindle cottage

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey Linda what a differ that made and girl I just love the drapes by the bed...its so romantic looking...Great chages you have made...may you have a great day my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Looking great, Linda! I love the color of your pretty blue drapes and the crystal finials sound perfect for your room. Isn't it neat how the room does feel taller the higher you can hang the drapes...love that little trick!
It will be fun watching as you continue to redo this room. :-) Susan

Anonymous said...

Swing rods are a nice idea. I've thought about that, but never imagined it completed. (But then I have a really high ceilings so never mind LOL)

Drop by and sign up for my link party if you'd like! http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

beautiful bedding i think a round picture like an old fashion round ornate picture above the bed. maybe? So u r keeping the wallborder? Is that your wedding dress??

Unknown said...

oH MY GOD I AM LOSING IT. JUST NOTICED THE ROUND MIRROR ABOVE BED, I LIKE IT. jUST TOOK A MIGRAINE PILL. SO I AM LOOPY .....

Linda Q said...

To answer Mishelle's questions too;
No wall border paper is going, some mathcing sheers are going to line the swing arm drapes. Yes, that is my wedding dress on the antique dress form. So pretty I hated to hide it and saw this idea in an old home tour in Snohomish one time. My hubby calls it the "headless" woman in our room!
Linda