WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Met Monday.......Hamper Help and Junk Rethunk!

Time for Metamorphosis Monday thanks to Susan at ,http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ , for being our hostess for this event on Mondays. Check out her great blog and see others links for Met Monday posts.




Before #1......I bought this old wicker wood bottomed hamper at a garage sale years ago for like $5. It comes in handy in our laundry room.
But the lid was falling apart in places.
So it needed an up lift.
I have been trying to work on little projects like this each weekend to get them off my list of To Dos!



Before 2..........You can get these wood table top rounds at Lowes.
They have several sizes , the biggest one I have gotten before is the size of a small
kitchen table. They are reasonable too.
They are good for all sorts of things.


After.....I painted top black and used some hardware I had in my hardware box.
Now it looks much better I think.
Did black because that will be a main color in the new laundry/craft room when it happens.
And no comments on our icky 1980's Harvest Gold flooring...I know it
is horrible!


2nd Before.....I have this old 1920's child's dresser or armoire in the laundry room.
It has 5 drawers on one side and a cupboard or hanging space on the other.
I use it to keep "my" house tools and junk drawer things in, all those little household things you need to use now and then; like nails, tacks, batteries, etc. etc.
It was always organized till the Hubby found it and just rummages through like a bull
in a china shop.
So one of my To Do list projects was to organize all 5 drawers.


After.......and now all the drawers look like this, organized and I can find things!
Much better!
Now to keep the hubby out of them! LOL


And watch in the future for this little jewel, it is the piece I bought in Seattle at the Antique Mall
on Friday. It is going to be turned into a bed crown for over our bed for the Master redo!


10 comments:

niartist said...

Love the saying "Junk Re-thunk!" I've never heard it before - and I think it's gonna become a permanent part of my vocab! Thanks Linda! LOL! Ok - so the hamper, FANTASTIC! The organization of your drawers ... eeeeek! So proud of you - but it makes me think about how bad mine are! :) Happy Monday!

Sherrie said...

I love the hamper lid solution! Thanks for the tip of the Lowes wood circles. I didn't realize they had these.
~Sherrie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great idea of the wood round for the hamper top. I also really love the way you re-organized the drawers. I have to keep hubby out too, or I will never find anything. He never puts it back. lol Great jobs. Hugs, Marty

Joyce said...

What a good idea for the lid. I am going to copy this one.
Thanks for sharing this with me.
Joyce

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like your new lid! My junk drawer usually stays pretty organized til one of the Grands is over and decides to look for something. Want to work on my "to do" list also? :)
Glenda

Unknown said...

Love the lid .

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Loved your post today Linda...as i have one of those hamper that is also falling apart great idea my friend...Now about the drawers those would stay clean for a day here and Len would have them messed up...he's my big kid after raising my kids I have him now ha ha!! May you have a great day my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I really like how you dressed up the hamper.

Anonymous said...

Now that was truly a smart trick to save this hamper. Love the wooden top and your hardware! You're the most creative one.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Marie said...

Love your hamper make-over! It's fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com