WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday Wee Ones.....the boys of Summer!

Time for Wednesday Wee Ones ( I am late, pooped out last night before I got it posted).
Check out my friend Dianna's blog at,http://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/ , because she usually joins in too.
Well this time of year with baseball season starting I am a baseball widow.
Hubby gives about 50 baseball lessons a week plus coaches a 17-18 year old team,
that is besides his regular job.
So thought I would show the baseball dolls or some of my boy dolls.
The one on the left is PJ and he is done by Donna RuBert , one of my all time
favorite American doll artists.
The one on the right is probably also a Donna RuBert mold but was made
by a local independent doll artist.
I found it in a shop and bought it for Ron for a birthday.
People thought I was nuts for getting him a doll.
I changed the wig on it to red, put his name on the back of the jersey.
He loved it, said it looked like him when he was little, as his hair was much more red then.
I like boy dolls as they are more rare, but add some fun and difference to my collection
and most have such personalities.



When DH Ron was a junior in HS he was invited to try out for the Mariners but
his Dad would not let him because he had a scholarship to college.
He attended college on both an academic and baseball scholarship.
His was a double major in psycology and sociology, because he
"wanted to help people"!
I have a girl doll that matches this one. Ron would always say, because she is sticking her tongue
out also, "that is you Linda"!
So when the same artist came out with the boy doll like it( they are both porcelain dolls)
, I got it and said
"Well this is you then Ron"!
We are both semi red headed, so there lies the attitudes!!


No comments: