WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Metamorphosis Monday...Blue Monday Bench!

I am finally getting time to blog a bit, been a busy Summer so far and right now
my hubby is on 3 weeks vacation, so we are trying to do alot of home projects.


BEFORE-
This week I am showing the end of the bed bench I found at a local antique store.
It is metal framed and was newly upholstered but not my color so for only $49.50 for the bench I figured I could change that.

AFTER-
I had enough of the tealy blue fabric I had recovered a chair for this room in left over to do the bench too.
So that was great, didn't have to buy anything else or more fabric.

This was just wide enough and makes a great place to stack the extra bed pillows and decorative pillows at night time.
Plus I wanted something to set on when you need to put on your socks or shoes etc.
But it couldn't be to wide or deep a bench because of the size of our room.

Also on the opposite side or across from the bed is a dresser, my curio cabinet and things, so we still needed room to walk between etc.

This sweet old probably mid century bench was just the ticket.
But I am still trying to decide if I should paint the metal frame antique white, like all the furniture in the room.
What do you think?
We do have gold touches or accents; light fixtures , frames, candlesticks and the like.

I am joining up with Metamorphosis Monday at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ where Susan is an excellent hostess!!

No comments: