WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Guest room getting a make over!

I have slowly been working on your guest room redo.
The inspiration comes from this painting I love that use to hang above our master bed before we redid that room.
I bought it after my dear brother passed away 4 + years ago.
It reminds me of the Footprints poem, which is a favorite, and the East coast beaches!

I decided to pull out the greens , pinks and whites in the painting for bedding.
I am still looking for more bedding to layer with this green set.
But did find green drapes at Target to match.
This use to be our son's room and before this change it was very country and red, white and blue.
But it needed lightened up and less furniture etc.
I had my grandparents 1930's dresser and mirrored vanity in this room but they need redone and were really just taking up space.
I offered them to other family members but no one wants them, so they are going to get a make over for my craft room.
The vanity will get remade into my desk and the man's dresser into storage for fabrics etc.

The old wicker table with wood top is a new find. Came from The Spare Room on Camano Island, great shop.
But other things were brought in from around the house.
The stained glass lamp with its greens, whites and pink I had.
The old piece of tin ceiling that I bought from Debi Burton of Ormolulu blog fame ( see my side bar for her blog) is going to get a wood frame out .
I sort of like the contrast of the dark and lights, what do you think?

As I said still looking for some more linens to layer the bed with but I had this and another pillow that I kept to bring out the pinks in the painting with.
I am still thinking about the bed frame. Sort of a nice contrast, the dark wood but almost to dark.
But it is new and we had it already.
I have one thought of maybe painting the side posts and upholstering the centers.
Any ideas I would love to hear?!

A pretty little wood and wicker side table is by the bed, a find at a local antique store for $40.  Really loving antique wicker pieces right now.
The German crystal and brass lamp was a thrift store find, I just found an off white linen like shade to put on it though.
The brass lamp base has sort of a seashell motif going on with it.
The framed art work pieces on the wall are some I have collected on trips of ours to favorite places.
They also bring out the pink accents.
The large milk glass poppy umbrella vase is one I have in my collection.
The old leather vanity or make up cases I inherited.
The glass apothecary jar with old shells was a find lately for $9.

So far I am liking how it is turning out, with more work to go.
Wondering if I should paint the walls a different really soft shade of something, what do you think?
And pondering the bed?
And a few other things, but so far I like, very restful and peaceful in here.
I am linking up to Show & Tell Fridays at http://www.romantichome.blogspot.com/
with Cindy as our hostess.
Be sure and check out her great blog and see who else is showing and telling fun things!

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks wonderful and such a beautiful painting. Your vignettes are stunning. Hugs, Marty

Fishtail Cottage said...

Such a pretty room! visiting you from Show & Tell Friday! oxox, tracie