WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Show & Tell Friday...mirror mirror on the wall!

I've been playing at rearranging our living and dining room walls lately.
I had a mirror gallery on the living room wall and decided I had more space and wanted to try it on the dining room wall.  The mirrors reflect the chandelier so nicely too. Plus I had more old mirrors or frames than I could fit on the living room wall.
Like the oval one at top that is getting dropped off today for mirror to be cut for it.

My favorite one is the gold leafed beauty I found on a trip with Ron to Port Angeles ,WA. In a vendors antique mall space, they didn't know what they had!
It is all plaster work on wood with an oval beveled mirror inside.

The center portion sticks out with all this leaf and fruits plaster work, just amazing.

But I especially love it because of the thistles in each of the four corners of the frame. I am Scottish, my mothers family the McLellans, so it has a nice reference for me.
Would you believe I only paid $25 for this gorgeous mirror!
Like I said, I don't think the dealer knew what they had.

I am taking part in Show & Tell Friday at
Thank you to Cindy our hostess there, be sure and see her wonderful blog and what others are showing and telling this week!
Have a great weekend everyone in blogland!!

No comments: