WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun finds from the weekend...

Well it was a busy weekend around the old Castle Queen or should I say out of the Castle.
My prince Ron had some things to do in Seattle Friday for his baseball business but promised that before and after we would get in some date time.
So first we headed to Country Village in Millcreek. I got to visit
some antique stores I hadn't gone to in a while and shop for me a bit.
I am usually so busy buying or hunting for finds for our antique mall space that I don't always get to look for treasures for me!
Then we had lunch out, yum.
Then he dropped me off at Pacific Galleries Antique Mall in Seattle while he did some baseball lessons and before we had dinner in Seattle.
( I will do a separate post on the Pac Galleries photos).
So first I found ( see above photo) a large antique plateau mirror that was just the right size for my largest 14" cloche.
It was a great price too!
I also found this day a French Portieux milk glass perfume bottle, I have a piece that matches it.
It is getting harder to find French and English pieces, at least around here.
We had a yummy seafood feast at Fisherman's on the water in Seattle before heading home. Nice!

Then on Sat.  I got to do some more fun things.
One being a visit to Ruffles & Rust Square in Snohomish for their
Grand Opening event, to fun! Saw some folks and fellow bloggers I know, so that was nice as well.
Then while in Snohomish have to visit Annie's and Faded Elegance and a few more places.
At Annie's I found this gorgeous candlestick, which I had seen before but this time it had to go home with me!!

Here is the candlestick grouped with my cloches and other old metal things etc.
on the sofa table.

And also in Seattle at Pac Galleries I found this toadstool or mushroom.
I know, you are saying "what the heck is that for?"
Well you see I am a doll collector and I have a large fairy doll. Right now she sits in a chair but I thought this would be a wonderful prop for her to sit on.
Plus some year at Christmas I want to use my fairy dolls etc. and do a fairy themed Christmas tree in one room.
So more in the next post with some fun photos.
I need a nap today after so much fun this weekend!

No comments: