WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor...may she rest in peace.

I still love National Velvet as probably my favorite
movie of hers but she had many greats and I think put some of
her soul into her acting.
Despite the turmoil in her personal life she was always a class act
about talking about it, something I respected.
My mother would always say " I am the same age as Elizabeth Taylor ".
When I was about 4 my mother worked with a gal who was getting married who was stunningly beautiful like a young Elizabeth Taylor.
She didn't have anyone in her or the groom's family to be a flower girl, so she asked my mother for me to do it.
I was mostly thrilled with the 4 layer slip I got to wear under my pale pink dotted Swiss dress.
But I do remember how beautiful this lady was, just like Elizabeth Taylor!
May she rest in peace with no health issues now !
She was one of our great actresses!

2 comments:

lvroftiques said...

I will really miss her. The world is a little bit grayer today because of her passing. She was larger than life. Vanna

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Your memory of being in your mothers friends wedding was wonderful.
I am only a few years younger than Elizabeth was...so I "grew up" with her...and she will indeed be missed.
I had a friend in HS who looked a lot like her..and it was great hanging around her...she got lots of attention..and so did I, just by association. I was the Maid of Honor at her wedding.

Rose