WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Show and Tell Friday...just love old things!


Time for Show and Tell Friday.
I am a bit late in the day, we were dealing with car things.
Thank you to Cindy for playing hostess at http://www.romantichome.blogspot.com/ and
Happy Birthday to her!!
Be sure and check out her blog for all those who are showing and telling this week.


I thought I would show and tell some old little things I have.
My SIL gave me this little glass topped shadow box table and I have
it filled with little old things I have either found or inherited.
They just always make me smile. I browse through them, sometimes add a new piece to the mix, wonder about who owned them, where they came from, what it was like in that time!
The brass and mother of pearl opera glasses were a family piece I inherited, as well as the old glasses, some of the thimbles, old buttons and old autograph books and photos.

Some little pieces have been found at garage sales, some at thrift stores and some antique stores.
There is a little ebony and mother or pearl music box. Many Victorian buttons, a piece of old lace, some autograph books, an old old large marble with a pig inside of it, a monogrammed silver napkin ring, some thimbles, some pieces of pyrography on leather and wood, a button hook, a souvenir spoon that is of Billy Burk, and much more.
Also the first rose my hubby gave me when we were dating, all dried and old but still lurking in these old remnants of many past lives!

The latest find is the little black leather communion bible ( upper right hand in last photo) which is dated 1926 and is so tiny with a little gold and mother of pearl crucifix inside the inside cover. 
It is almost like a doll bible rather than a child's bible.
I found it at a thrift store for 69 cents.
And I suppose I will continue to add little old trinkets to this setting, because I just love old things!

2 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

HI LINDA,
Love the opera glasses...so much.

Thanks for the visit !

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I love your treasure box. I just love stuff like that and good to know someone else does also especailly that you have it out for others to see.
Thanks for coming over to visit me.

Janice


Ps Come back any time