WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget....


I had a poem I wrote years ago , Never Forget, that I was going to share again today
on this solemn anniversary but I think I lost it on my computer.
But I remember this day well and just watching things again on the news today, I cry again.
I cry for those lost that day, for the peace in our world that was shattered, for the feelings in our children
that nothing would be the same for them again, for so many things!
I remember the day well because I had an Aunt and Uncle who I knew were flying back from a
a trip and they were leaving out of Boston that day, but I didn't know what flight they were on.
It was a very!! long day till I could even get through on a phone to California to check with my cousin about
his parents.  Thank God to find out that my Uncle was not able, like he usually liked to do, to move or bump up their flight time this time. That they were ok but stuck at the airport and in Boston.
To close for comfort but we were lucky with our good news ,  where others were not!
We must Never Forget...What , even in the hardest times, we are so lucky to have; What we have lost, Who we have lost and their sacrifices!
May God Bless You and Yours and
Always Bless America!!



1 comment:

Christmas-etc... said...

I agree. I was in NYC that terrible day, saw the one building fall...
Ann