WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Metamorphosis Monday.......candle sconce redo.

Time for Metamorphosis Monday!
for playing hostess each week.
Be sure and stop by her blog and see who else is transforming something this week!

Before.......
Cheruby shiny brass candle wall sconce I found yesterday in my
shopping travels in Snohomish.

After.....
used a chocolate base coat of spray pain and then sort of dry
brushed on antique white ( which always looks really white with a flash
on the camera) to highlight the details.
Added some chandelier prisms and there you have it.
Now I have to find some silvery blue taper candles though. That
is the accent color in our master bedroom and I think
that color for the candles would look better.



Camera was not totally cooperating with the detail shots here as far
as lighting went!







7 comments:

Martha said...

A nice transformation -- love the detail of the prisms!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great sconce. Love it painted white. Great transformation. Hugs, Marty

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Oh, my heck, I love the change. Great job!

Unknown said...

those are the cutest !

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Linda,
What a great sconce...and it looks antiquey now...love it! :-)

Ormolulu said...

That sconce is truly reborn under your magic--nice job, Linda!

Yes, I had a day to myself for a change in Snohomish and had a wonderful time too . . . nice being on the "other" side for a change ;0)

Debi

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

These look really sweet. I'm looking for a pair for my Bedroom too. Yard sales are in my future.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~