WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tablescape Thursday.....Red is for Valentines!

Time for Tablescape Thursday, thanks to our hostess Susan at, http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Be sure and check out her amazing blog and all the tablescapers posting this week,
always fun to see!


This week we need some RED for Valentines.
I am going to show the kitchen this week and then the dining room Valentine's table next week, so tune in then also!
(Click on any photo to enlarge)
Well since my dear friend Marilyn at http://somewhereinmytime.blogspot.com/
sent me a fun Valentine's gift, then I had to use it in my table scape.
She sent me these fun and pretty Valentine print place mats and matching
napkins.
So they are the starter for my table scape this week.

Then I used; our every day flatware, red scalloped chargers from Target, our Charter Club Gold rimmed white china dinner plates, pink heart bowls ( as there are pink hearts ever so often in the fabric of the place mats) and my Milk Glass Lace and Dewdrop patterned tumblers and serving pieces.
Little glitter LOVE tokens drape over the bowls and I used plastic glitter heart ornaments with the strings taken off for napkin rings.

The center piece is made up of one of my Marie Osmond Valentine Adora-Belle porcelain dolls,
a little Valentine topiary tree I made and a milk glass Lace and Dewdrop patterned covered dish.

I had the little dolly holding another glittered LOVE sign.
These little signs were only $1 each at Michaels.
Sometimes I find the most fun things in their dollar bins!


I made the cute topiary tree from a little cherub pot I found at the thrift store and all the other things I had; left over ribbon, some sprigs of glitter hears and a glitter heart on a stick, then stuffed moss round in the bottom to cover up floral foam.


Closeup of Milk Glass Lace and Dewdrop serving pitcher.
It matches the tumblers I used.
This is an old pattern and I have several pieces of it, including a creamer and sugar set,
a covered candy dish or jar and some other pieces as well.

I like all the red against our off white kitchen table, really pops.
Love to all for Valentine's week, enjoy!!





7 comments:

Rettabug said...

Oh my goodness...how "Adora-Belle" is this table?! My sweet Caroline would ♥ that dolly.
Your whole table speaks of love & caring & fun & that's what this holiday is all about. Very pretty!

Marigene said...

Love your adorable Valentine table!

Unknown said...

What a sweet table. My dear friend Sharon collects those wonderful dolls. She would LOVE this table :)

Blessings!
Gail

Anita Diaz said...

Beautiful red Valentine's table!! Love the red and white:-)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love this!!! I love the placemats and the napkins. And your tree and even the doll. I love red & white together. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my tablescape & leaving me a comment.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

WOW how fantiastic! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Hugs, Lia

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a pretty "lovin" Tablescape -- Happy valentine's!