WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Recent fun finds......and Thank you!

Since my broken body parts not allowing me to work on a project today for
Met Monday posting, I thought I would show some recent finds instead.

Went to a local haunt I like the other day and found more ephemera.
Love it when I find antique post cards and this time the Valentine ones were already out.
Local thrift store yielded this old unwired lamp base that I will use as a candelabra.
The tear drop prisms were on it but not the spire in the middle. I had that and luckily it fit perfectly on it.






A little after Christmas shopping helped me find these new flocked burgundy red damask patterned table runners, got both for like $5.
And we have first Saturday sale in our little town, so most stores do 20% off on things.
I found this patriotic bunting fabric at the quilt fabric shop. Nice because it is hemmed on both sides , so you just have to finish the ends, add trim or whatever. I got enough to make table runners with it for Summer etc. Love it!



And for those who read or listened to my whining on my last post, thank you!
Like I said, usually I do pretty good but this week just been at the end of my rope with the pain and tired of it all!
I will recoup and regain my attitude, just sometimes I am human and it gets to me.





2 comments:

Martha said...

There is nothing like a little retail therapy!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good morning Linda, girl I hope you are pain free today...I love seeing all the wonderful things you get for your castle....You do find the best bargains and treausure girl...Hey I'm only a few states away so lets do lunch and shopping ha ha!! Did you get all those beautiful dolls packed away from Christmas yet...Did I ever tell you how much I ♥ your kitchen with that huge shelf unit you have....Oh girl to have that place to display things would be great...Hope you have a warm and great day my friend...Thanks for coming by....Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria