WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Remembering the 4 Lakewood Police Officers......God be with their families!

A very sad day in our state today as we watch the memorial service for the 4 fallen officers from Lakewood WA.
Below I put a link to their memorial pages, so you can learn about these heroes and their to short lives!
God be with their families and fellow officers!!









I went to a Police Officers funeral this morningMy emotions were high and all were mourningThe bagpipes played Amazing GraceThe loss of this Officer was on my face
With tears in my eye's and a heavy heartIt was the sound of taps that tore me apartTo see the Honor Guard fire their gunsThis Officer now guards the Heavens and sun
My memories go to the times we hadThese I enjoyed, but ohhhh I feel sadI'm sad for the family most of allWith grief in their hearts they still stand tall
Today we buried one of our ownTomorrow we'll visit the graveside stoneThis Officer answers roll calls from aboveAs the Guardian of Paradise with all it's love
This Officer has stood the final inspectionJudged by the book on their life's reflectionMany times it took more to preserveAn LEO's motto " To protect & Serve".
By
Harry Cross
Retired Deputy SheriffSummit County Sheriffs Office (Ohio)

1 comment:

vignette design said...

So sad...My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.