WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Show and Tell Friday.......a bit of cloisonne and pretty plates!

Time for some fun on Fridays with Show and Tell.
Thank you to Cindy at ,http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ , for hosting us , please see her wonderful blog and
check out the other posters this week!

Hi, is good to be back to Show and Tell Friday.
I thought I would show some family things. First I have a pair of pigeon's blood
cloisonne vases that grace our dining room. My father bought these, one for each of my grandmother's , when he was in the Korean war in 1950's.
And I was lucky enough to inherit them both from my parents who got them back when
both my grandmother's passed.
(Click on any photo to enlarge)


The pair of vases set on little shelves that are part of
our antique ebony etagere in the dining room.
I use quake gel under them so they won't fall off.

I have the hand painted plates hanging on the wall above the etagere.
One of these antique plates I inherited from my Great Aunt's estate and then when
antique shopping years ago found a match to it. It is even signed by
the same artist.
Wouldn't it be pretty to have a whole table set of dishes like this?!




10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

DANG!!!!!, but that vase is too gorgeous for words. I want it.

Mine today is just a sketch I drew. [along with a little worksheet share for a simple craft project....AND links to my photos of the trip to the zoo!!! LOL ---a busy post.]

Click HERE

Have a glorious Friday, and super weekend.!!

Cindy said...

Very pretty and they are even more special because they've been passed down! Thanks for sharing!

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

Beautiful pieces. I just love things that get handed down in the family. So special.
Blessings,
Rebekah

Susan said...

That vase is beautiful.
Susan

The Watts Family said...

Very pretty love the color ~Blessings Heather :D

Unknown said...

Such beautiful heirlooms! The plates and the vase are stunning! Great story behind such lovely pieces!

Tina

The Old Parsonage said...

What great treasures, first that your father bought them, and second that they were your grandmothers. They are simply beautiful!

Leann

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Abramyan Avenue said...

Wow... the vase is just beautiful! And I love the painted plates. I have been wanting to start collecting plates in that style! Wonderful show and tell!! Thank you so much...
-April

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Linda...

Ooohhh...Girl, I love, love, LOVE your antique etagere...it's fabulous! What a beautiful piece to have!!! You have it accessorized so beautifully too! The cloisonne vases are gorgeous and they look so pretty on the little shelves of your etagere! Love the pretty hand painted plates too! Such a beautiful post for Show & Tell...I loved it!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design