WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Monday, July 27, 2009

20 to 50 post time, Day 12 # 9......smell the roses!

It is that time again, Day 12 in my count down to turning 50 and # 9 of things I have learned or that I know for sure in 50 years of living.
Today.....
# 9 Stop and smell the roses, literally.
This could mean stop and see the biggest ball of twine on that road trip, or
the museum in your area or what ever it might be.
I remember ,( usually men ) , in our family that on trips my Dad would never stop.
I think a grandfather was that way also. You were lucky to get a pee break now and again.
So everything would get passed by.
I was glad that my dear brother Richard was not like that. He would stop to see things, stop to
experience the place that he was in. My mother is this way too and so am I.
Even if not traveling I try to do that, stop and enjoy part of the day no matter what it brings!!
Life is short....stop and watch the butterfly fly, stop and listen to the music in the park, stop and watch the side walk artist.
It is all glorious!

No comments: