WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doing a little patriotic crafting......

Usually Tuesdays are my day to work on genealogy but this week it is getting moved to Wednesday instead. So I had a little time to craft some today. I love it when I get to craft and be creative, it is good medicine for my brain and soul!
One reason I am craving a craft room of my own once and for all in this house!!
So today I made me a door plaque for the 4th of July.
I used a color enlarged photo copy on card stock from an antique post card I have in
my collection.
I modpodged it on a prepainted canvas board but did not modpodge over the paper.
Then I embellished the print using glitter to highlight certain areas or detail.
How do you like it hanging on our front door?
(Click on any photo to enlarge)


I trimmed it out with velvet ribbon for the sides and the top hanger, also some 3D
glitter stars here and there. Both added some dimension and texture to the piece.
Finished size is 11" x 14".



I love some of the old phrases on these old antique paper items.
I detailed the picture with glitter here and there, highlights it!
Think it turned out pretty, what do you think?




6 comments:

Jewel Sauls said...

I love it Linda! I love the old timey look with your creative touches! :D Jewel

Brunch at Saks said...

I just found your blog- it is lovely! This door plaque is perfect for the 4th this weekend- I just love it :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How pretty!
Glenda

Melissa said...

It is gorgeous and so patriotic.

Carrie said...

Beautifully done patriotic plaque!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Love it! Those old graphics are just enhanced with your embellishments. What a cute door decoration for the holiday. Have a great weekend. laurie