WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Some of the best of Milk Glass.....some photos etc.

Since some of you are enjoying the look into Milk Glass I thought I would post some photos of some of the best. Not mine but these are from the Frank Chiarenza auction in 2007.
Frank is a former Pres. of the National Milk Glass Collectors Society and also wrote a fabulous book ; the Milk Glass book which highlights some of the best in Milk Glass. Frank also had a Glass Museum back east for some time and collected more types of glass than just milk glass. Some of these pieces I have never even seen in person.
Here is the link to the auction listings if you want to browse some fabulous glassware and see some of the other colors in Milk Glass;

Also , some questions to answer;
1. At one time I owned about 500 pieces of milk glass but in recent years I have begun to
sell my newer and less rare pieces to be more decerning in my collecting. Also I run out of room to display or store it.
2. I started my collection with a Westmoreland Beaded Grape covered candy dish I found at a garage sale in 1994 for 25cents. The grape pattern reminded me of my Grandparents who use to raise grapes on their farm.






























1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

I'll be back to check all of this out in more detail.
Very pretty!

Have a wonderful day.
~Melissa :)