WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Met Monday.......simple paperwork!

Time for that fun Metamorphosis Monday!
Thanks to our hostess, Susan at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
, for hosting us. Be sure and check out her blog for other Met Monday bloggers, it
is great fun to see what others do!



For this Met Monday, a little cabinet redo that I have wanted to try or do, so did it
on Sunday.
I have this little cabinet in the kitchen, it holds alot of my smaller pieces of milk glass.
But I didn't like that it looked so cluttered looking in just because it is so full.
So my idea, some camouflage.
(Click on any photo to enlarge)

Before ........

I took some left over wallpaper from the kitchen
( it is on the insets in my cabinets and also the interior of my big open shelves).
I put some prints I had and was going to frame but really didn't have the wall space for on the wallpaper using tape. Then I doublestick taped the wall paper to the back of the glass
panels and put them back in!

After......close up of the paperwork,
After.......total piece.
What do you think?
I thought it turned out pretty cute!
I like it better.
( Hey, if you missed them, be sure and scroll down my posts too to see what
fun Mishelle and I had on Saturday.)




18 comments:

Susan said...

I love that! Beautiful!

Shelia said...

I love this idea! It looks great! That's a sweet little cabinet! I may have to borrow this idea! I have an old lawyer's book cabinet in my kitchen and it's packed with dishes and looks pretty messy! I could probably find some pretty wallpaper and do this.Woo Hooness! Thanks so much for the inspirations!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

mishebe said...

Linda, I absolutely love it. That looks Awesome. Mishelle

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Love that cabinet...and you made it look like a new piece of furniture!

Susan

Stacey said...

Great transformation!

Lavender Dreamer said...

Hope your Monday is better! Love your beautiful things!

Please visit me today!

http://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/

ann said...

great....................idea.i love it.....ann

marty39 said...

What a great idea. I love the wallpaper and the prints are great. Don't you just love a change. Great idea, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Kim Chalfant said...

I love how it turned out. Fabulous!!!!

Bellamere Cottage said...

You are a clever girl.......and you have some milkglass pieces I've never even seen before. YOWZA!

Off to see you shopping day..

Hugs.....
Spencer

Chandy said...

Beautiful solution... Great share, thanks!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That turned out great! laurie

Melissa Miller said...

Linda this is GORGEOUS! :)

Cathy said...

This turned out fantastic, I am impressed. Mind sharing where you got the wallpaper from?

Linda said...

You gotta love such a quick change for such a punch of pizzazz! Linda

santamaker said...

This is awesome! Even though I love milk glass and hate to see it covered up, I have to agree that it looks fantastic this way! Great idea. Just read about your trip with Mishelle. Sounds like a lot of fun was had.

Linda/"Mom" said...

Wow! How CREATIVE and FUN !!!~~~~ DELIGHTFUL results!!! (SUPER IDEA!!!)~~~ Thanks for sharing! Linda

Nancy W said...

What a great job and it looks smashing! hugs from Conroe TX! So glad you made it by my blog as well!