WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to blogging I hope...some wall redos.


Well life seems to have been so so busy lately or this Spring ( well if you can call it that, we had a skiff of snow on the ground the other morning!).
Easter came fast and I wasn't even totally prepared for that.
Then there was dealing a bit with my parents, as my Dad had a small stroke etc.
So life is hectic sometimes!
I hope to get back to more faithful blogging though, I am working on it.


One thing I have been doing in my spare time was switching out the living and dining room walls.
I have a collection of art work I inherited and found that I wanted to put into a gallery wall. So I moved my big prints from the dining room wall to the living room and added my art work pieces to them.
Still have some work to do here, some of the nails need moved and frames changed out.
Then moved my collection of ornate antique frames with mirrors in them to the dining room wall.
Worried it would be sort of busy but then I am not a minimalist anyway and actually am liking it the more I look at it. 
The mirrors make this room ( which is the wall we would like to knock out in the house anyway) seem bigger and also reflect the chandelier so nicely.  Also it is nice to have them all together.
I actually had more to put up but didn't have the room on the wall in the living room to do it.


Below is the side board decorated for Spring and Easter.
Been so busy didn't even have time to get all my Easter things out.
So I kept it pretty simple.


The dining room with the chandy all lit up.
I love this chandy, was a mother's day gift from my hubby a couple years ago.
Still love it!


No comments: