WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Metamorphosis Monday ...some post Christmas tips.

This week for Metamorphosis Monday thought I would
back track a bit.
When decorating for Christmas I like to make alot of my ornaments, especially
if I can buy what I want or if I think they are to expensive.
This year I wanted to do an Asian tree.
I had many ornaments stashed away that I had bought at after Christmas sales etc. but needed a few more.
BEFORE...
So I bought these plain little red ball ornaments and strung them with black ribbon.
I like ribbon with ornaments, gives them a classier or more finished look sometimes.

AFTER...
Then I found the Chinese symbols for Peace and Love on the Internet.
I used a permanent felt marker and did those symbols on the ornaments.
Very simple.

I really loved the Asian tree this year in the dining room, was one of my favs this year!


Another Before and After...
I also will repurpose things found at the thrift store into Christmas items.
For our bedroom tree I found 3 bags full of clear acrylic prisms that I strung with shear brownish ribbon and I hung them all on our master bedroom tree for some sparkle.
Also found this cute Santos looking gal at the thrift store for like $2 ( forgot to take a before of her), she had berries or something on her metal cage bottom etc.
I took those all off and found these tiny feather angel wings at Pier 1 and fashioned them on her.
She made for a good Angel at the top of our master bedroom tree.

Metamorphosis Monday is thanks to our hostess Susan and
Be sure and check out her great blog and see who else
is transforming things !

And for a future Met Monday post, these cute metal chairs and table base
I found while out junk hunting this weekend.
They were going to be for a resale in our mall space but they are growing on
me.  I might sell what I have now in our kitchen and keep these and redo
for us!

3 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great decoration ideas - thanks for sharing. Is the amaryllis behind the doll real. It is so pretty.

Linda Q said...

No, amaryllis are fake , the best kind I grow, LOL!

lvroftiques said...

Linda I love that asian tree!! The (bamboo?) umbrella topper is just perfect! And the chairs are pretty neat! I can see why they're growing on you *winks* vanna