WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I've been framed...


but I did do it, I  bought another pretty old ornate frame.
What is it with me and old frames?
I have a passion for them, if they have a mirror in
them even more attracted to them.

This is the last one I bought with a mirror in it.
Old Victorian, it was a steal at the price too, so it had to be mine!
I have an addiction to them I think.

My favorite mirror is this gold leafed one I found
years ago on a trip with hubby to Port Angeles.
The person selling it in their antique mall space didn't know what
they had, but I did.
So I snatched it up fast at $25.

It has all this gorgeous plaster work done over wood that has
been gold leafed.
Such detail around this pretty beveled glass mirror.

I especially love the 4 corners with thistles decorating them.
My family is Scottish ( McLellan), so this is so appropriate.

And it happened again this week, another treasure I couldn't pass up.
Stopped at an estate sale to find this big old beauty for $10.
Not sure if it will get a mirror in it or not or have another purpose.
I plan to paint it , as it has a bad detailed paint job now that someone else did.
It too was probably gold in it's original state.
But also is Victorian in age and I love it as well.




1 comment:

Carrie said...

All your frame finds are distinctive and beautiful!