WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Before they were in fashion or the "it" thing...



I have always seemed to start collecting things just before they get talked about
or become the "it" thing in decorating etc.
Sometimes that is good, as then the price is much cheaper to collect them.
Like with my large milk glass collection; years ago Martha Stewart started talking about it, reproducing it and did an article in her magazine about it.
So then it became the "it" thing again.
I started mine with a covered candy dish, Westmoreland Beaded Grape pattern, found at
a garage sale for 25 cents.
(Click on photos to enlarge)

Dress forms; the are all the rage now and if you can find a vintage one you will pay a
pretty price for it.  I found my cage skirt one on rolling legs years ago, before anyone was even thinking of them again, paid $65 for her.
Won't part with her now!

Button button who's got the button?;
Been saving and collecting buttons for years, doing crafts with them etc. for years.
Now you see bowls of buttons for decor, jars of buttons, buttons on pillows, hats, for jewelry, an
real explosion of buttons.
Especially mother of pearl buttons.
Here is my big stash of them and I have others.
Abalones and others are a fav too.

No comments: