WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day.....remembering those we have lost!

In honor of Memorial Day.....
remembering those we have lost in our battles with a
post about one American hero I think of everyday in our home.
Sgt. 1st Class Nathan R Chapman
1970-2002
1st American casualty of the war on terrorism , died
in Afghanistan.

I remember when Nathan died, he was a Ft. Lewis stationed soldier.
I felt bad I could not get to his memorial service at the base but wanted
to at least write to his family.
So I did.
And I received this photo card and a note back from them.
Since that day it has been framed and sets with our family photos, as Nathan was and always will be a part of our American family!
( I only wish I had room for every soldiers photo to be honored who has given their life for us!)
I promised his family we would never forget him or his sacrifice for us....
so everyday I remember and look at his photo! and pray for his family!
Never forget.....
Their photo sets proudly on top of where I put all our current family
photos.
God be with the families of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our families!

No comments: