WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some fun thrifting today......

Today I had to fun in to my doctor's office for some quick blood work.
I would have much rather lazed around home but oh well, was a good
excuse to do some thrifting while I was in town.

Well if you know me, you know I have a thing about old frames and old mirrors.
So today look what I found, a mirror, all wood etc.
Has sticker on the back that reads; Hand Crafted
at the Adams Cabinet Shop in Marblehead , Mass.
So strange because just this week I have been researching my Adams family history.
I seem to always find something related to the family name I am researching right
around the time I am doing it.
Last time it was the bust I found, male bust of Robert Burns the poet, with just Burns
carved into it.
At that time I was researching my McLellan line and had just met a cousin who's grandfather was named Robert Burns McLellan after the poet, but his nick name was Burns.
Kind of like my passed ancestors lead me to these things.
And another candlestick and a stone vase, always good little chochkeys to
sell or keep?!


Another great find, some old or at least looking old
apothecary jars .

I never get tired of thrifting or hunting for treasures!
Always something good to find.



No comments: