WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Show and Tell Friday........a bit of punched paper!

Time for Show & Tell Friday.
for being our hostess with the mostest pretty blog!
Check out her fabulous blog and see the other posts by Show & Tellers this week!

This week I thought I would show a favorite antique I have.
It is an framed antique paper punched motto .
This is a piece I admired and looked at every time I went in a certain antique
shop in Snohomish WA.
I have never seen one like it or as large or so perfect before or since.
(Click on photos to enlarge and see closer)

So finally one time when I needed to treat myself and had the money,
I bought it and brought it home.
It hangs in our upstairs hallway opposite our
gallery of old family photos.


I especially liked it because of this Victorian house
drawing done in the middle of it.
It is so detailed and I sort of wish I had lived in this old house!
Not to mention the great embroidered motto, GOD BLESS OUR HOME,
also with flowers and details.
Really amazing it has survived all this time!


As you can see the frame is really heavily detailed as well.
It is all old plaster work on wood with gold highlights, very textural.
And the paper punch is very small with foil backing to make it show up and shine
I guess.



3 comments:

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow.. this is pretty piece.. love the design/pattern on it..

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Olivia said...

I love this oh so pretty,
if you have a chance stop by I am giving away a free pretty teapot
http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com
Hugs, Hugs, Hugs,
Olivia