WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tablescape Thursday.....It's beginning to look alot like Easter!

Well I have been away for a bit, nice to get back in the swing of things, including Tablescaping.
Thank you to Susan who is our wonderful hostess at, www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com .
Be sure and check out her blog and the other bloggers who are showing their fabulous tablescapes this week.


Well I dug out my Easter things the other day, as it is that time of year.
So first of all I thought I would set the Kitchen table for a bit of Spring.
I even hung eggs from the chandelier.
(Click on any photo to enlarge)
As you can tell I have a taster for Chocolate here, lol.
I started with that as the basis for my table.
Chocolate bunnies abound ( faux ones that is)!
There are yummy chocolate eggs in cabbage dinnerware serving
pieces. Little chicken napkin holders snuck in there too.


The faux chocolate pieces are a collection I started years ago.
I usually find a new different piece each year to add to it in my travels.
This is a piece I found last year, wish I had 3 more of these to use as egg cups when place setting.

The place setting; brown place mats from Marshalls, our every day Oneida flatware, brown napkins that friends gave us this past Christmas, thrift store chicken napkin rings, green pressed glass "thistle" tumblers, brown Walmart water glasses, Bordallo Pinheiro "Cabbage" dinner plates and serving pieces, topped with Williams Sonoma egg plates in different pastels that I found brand new at a thrift store last year.

The center piece, some of my largest faux chocolate bunnies on a cake stand with one of my small topiaries.

A little bit of cabbage and my bunny topiary in the corner of the kitchen too.

I think we are ready for a nice Easter breakfast at this chocolatey table,
what do you think?




11 comments:

House Of Aqua said...

I am loving the brown in your tablescape, it really caught my attention! Fantastic job!

Rettabug said...

I instantly thought "mint chocolate" when I saw your luscious colors on this table. :)

Those faux chocolate bunnies are simply wonderful!! I love it that you made one hold an egg. I agree, you MUST find more of those. Put the word out & someone in bloggerville will hunt them down for you, I'm sure.

Deliciously Delightful!!
fondly,
Rett

ps ♥ the chandy shot!

Kammy said...

I love this scape - mmmmmm chocolate with no calories !
Kammy

Natasha in Oz said...

That is one delicious looking table! I am hungry for chocolate now!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Blondie's Journal said...

How charming and creative!! The chocolate bunnies are making me crave sweets even though they are faux!! Love your dishes and the 'chocolate' place mats! ;-)

xoxo
Janie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love all the brown and green, two of my favorite colors. The chocolate bunnies are wonderful and look so pretty as the centerpiece. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

Anita Diaz said...

Love, love, love this! Love the colors. Those bunnies are so cute!

Marigene said...

What a beautiful 'chocolate' table with a touch of 'mint'...I really love the brown/green combo.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So cute -- love your chocolate bunnies! Your green and browns make a very pretty tablescape.

Tracey @ My House of Giggles said...

Looove your adorable chocolate bunnies!!! They look so real! I'm pretty sure I'd be the one too accidentally try a bite ...haha!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi,

Your tablescape is great. I am sure that the faux chocolate bunnies love to sit in the middle of the table, surrounded of cabbage plates. The colours chocolatebrowh, cabbagegreen and the pastels makes your tablescape wonderful. Thanks for showing.

I wish you a nice Eastertime.
Johanna