WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tablescape Thursday....The Young Victoria!


In honor of Will & Kate's wedding tomorrow and the land of my birth, England, thought I would reshare a tablescape I did a year or so ago.
And I did see the movie after this post was done.
One of those weekends when Ron was gone for baseball I rented it, it was great!
I always save my "girly" movies for when he is gone and I want some ME time.


Time for the ever popular Tablescape Thursday.
Thank you to hostess Susan http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/04/styling-by-coty-farquhar-welcome-to.html, please check out her blog and the great tablescapes done by many in blogland, it is to fun to miss!
I am glad to be back and in getting the house back in order after the holidays, well it calls for some color and also a theme.
A bit to early to start my Valentines tablescapes I thought but still wanted some red!
I have not seen the movie The Young Victoria but I want to! I love history and period movies, do you? So my tablescape is centered around Queen Victoria.
( Click on any photo to enlarge and see closer)

Here she is in all her glory. I was born in England and have seen the crown jewels in the
Tower of London etc. So I had to use some of my own "jewels" to pull this tablescape off too.
It was also time to dust and tidy up after the holidays, so I cleaned and switched out our chandelier and buffet lamp shades from the black and gold back to the burgundy red.


The buffet or sideboard gets decorated too.
With a framed print of Victoria herself, a vintage Old Britains Castle plate, candelabra, crowns and candles and a Fleur De Lis figurine.






The table was covered with an off white damask weave table cloth that was a wedding gift and then layered with my new flocked damask red table runners criss crossed across the table.
I also used matching napkins.

The place setting is all our Old Britain Castles Johnson Bros. transfer ware dinnerware, Crown napkin rings, red pearl handled flatware, our red Long Champs crystal and Biltmore gold rimmed crystal.
And a variation on the Menu idea would be to print these prints out of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and either print or write the menu on the back side.

My first inspiration for this table was the crown on the left that I found at ROSS, the one with the gold jewels. I found it at Christmas and just had to buy it!
So the center piece is different levels of candle stands and a cake stand with my crown collection on them and votive candles inside them.
Plus a framed photo of Queen Victoria with her love Prince Albert.

Really pretty by candle light!!



A closer look at the dinnerware with a menu also.


I printed a fun Royal looking menu from the internet that was used on the ship Britannia in 1959, the year I was born.
I put one at each place setting with a little ribbon wrapped around them.
The menu reads in French;
Saumon Fume'
Selle d'Agneau Bouquetiere
Petits Pois au Beurre
Pommes Nouvelles
Salade Rafraichie
Bombe Comtesse Marie
Biscuits







Now I am going to have to go see this movie and then enjoy a dinner with friends at our
lovely Queen Victoria table!!


16 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, I LOVE all of your crowns and you have pulled the entire room together around the table. Everything is just stunning. Hugs, Marty

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

A table set for a Queen! This is oppulence at its best! So many wonderful details.And so well put together. I would love to see this room and scape in real life! Over-the-top!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this royal room and table!
Yvonne

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Wow! This table looks gorgeous, elegant, and absolutely royal! I love the crowns and castle dishes together. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Unknown said...

Very royal and elegant tablescape. I love all the crowns, you've got a great collection!

vignette design said...

I love all your crowns! I just bought my first one the other day. So "royal." Also, the red transferware "British Castles" plates are perfect. --Delores

Anita Diaz said...

This is certainly a WOW table! Love all the richness in the colors. I do love the Old Britain Castles. My mom has some in Blue. Gorgeous!!

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

That is one regal tablescape! The colors and 'jewels' are so rich and lend such an air of elegance. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

wow, so AWESOME. LOVE THE ROOM, THE CROWNS, ECT WHENS TEA? MISHELLE

my home sanctuary said...

Oh Linda what a lovely table. I loved all the crowns.
Thanks for sharing.

merilyn lee said...

OMG! So beautiful! I love the whole room. The crown with the red jewels is so pretty and love the picture of Queen Victoria.
TTYS!
Hugs, Marilyn

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Just so beautiful , I love all the crowns and the dishes are so pretty, love it all...

Just a dreamer said...

Absolutely Stunning! Jackie

Chubby Chieque said...

A true royal, indeed... loving the wonderful crowns.

The burgundy/red touché makes the room look more than a royalty room.

Have a great Friday and always take care.

Marigene said...

WOW, that is a gorgeous table just waiting for the royals to be seated! The crown candle holders are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I just had to come back and tell you what an amazing tablescape this is -- So beautiful! I love your theme and the beautiful way you've carried it out.

Tess said...

Your dining room is so beautiful! And your table looks wonderful!

See the movie; you'll love it and wish it would go on. Did you see Mrs. Brown with Judy Dench and Billy Connelly?

I'm sure you are looking forward THE wedding!! BTW...where in England are you from?