WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tablescape Thursday......2 for the price of one Christmas tables.

Time for our ever popular Tablescape Thursday, I regret I haven't even gotten to see all of
last weeks, but I will try to catch up. Maybe I can do nothing but blog read the day after Christmas ! Thank you to Susan at,http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ , for hosting us and here is to a Merry Christmas for all in blogland!

I did a rush job on my photos, so some not the best but you will get a good peek anyway!
I did a variation on my gold table by adding in some red, which is my favorite color anyway!
The view from beneath the chandelier and looking into the living room.
(Click on any photos to enlarge and see clearer)
I found this lovely hand made Texas star like pattern quilted table topper in a
local shop. Can you believe the lady made this and sold it for $15.00? I couldn't, so I had to buy it, Merry Christmas to me and for our table!
I layered it over my pretty red table cloth thingy I got at Wights last year, the one that
matches our drapes.
I took the gold sleigh and reindeer off the sideboard and put him
in the middle of the table and filled the sleigh with red and green mercury ornaments and greenery.

I used our gold banded Biltmore crystal glasses and our Cristal d'Arques Longchamps 25th
Anniversary red crystal for the stemware. I wish I had bought even more of the red ones
years ago when they came out, they are my favorite!




Place setting is gold thrift store found new last year chargers, Macys Charter Club Fashion Buffet Gold dinner plates, Macys Charter Club Fashion Buffet Gold Holly Salad or Dessert plates, Red handled flatware I have had for years and same Bagley Mishka patterned gold napkins but with red jeweled napkin rings found at ROSS.



I will leave it set this way for tomorrow's Christmas eve dinner with friends coming over.
We are having prime rib, herb cheese mashed potatoes, rolls, a broccoli dish and choice of desserts. And probably some good wine!

All that glitters is not always gold but a little red and green thrown in too!

And.....just for fun I switched up the kitchen table, although I love my gingerbread things in there, they fit with everything else. I just wanted to try something.

I love this color green and brown together.
One of my favorite combinations, you have seen me use it before.
I don't have Christmas dishes in that combo but if I ever find some, they are sold!
But why not just add a few Christmas sparkles to things I have, it works, see what you think.


First a wintery skiing Santa in a glass atrium with dollar store green glittery tree branches sticking out makes the center piece.

Table setting is my brown place mats , green, brown and cream Rosanna La Famille dinner plates I so love, with Queen's Hooker Fruit pattern salad plates on top, Green mercury glass wine goblets, our every day Onieda "Caitlynn" flatware, our wedding napkins with some Christmas acorn bell ornaments I found at Michaels and some green ornament place card holders.

I think the sparkle of all the green things makes it more Christmas looking even if the plates are not. I was happy to find these pretty green candles that too, Root makes them, have seen them in silver too.
The brass candlesticks were a wedding present.

A little moss and faux snow for the Santa to ski on adds a nice touch.

It is all nice by candle light too,
Merry "green" Christmas everyone!




6 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Whoa Linda!

Whew......everything is just soooo yummy! I love it....Holy frijoles....I never ever do a table that snazzy! Love both looks...and the elves....HILARIOUS....

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs,
Spence

Martha said...

Everything is just beautiful -- both tables! Love all the little touches and I can't believe that quilted topper for $15! Everything about both tables is just beautiful!

The merriest of Christmases to you . . .

It promises to be a White Christmas on the prairie!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything is so pretty. I especially like the table done in brown and green.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

merilyn lee said...

Your tables look just beautiful, love both of them!
Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Marilyn

Marigene said...

Both are beautiful but...the kitchen table is my favorite of the season, the colors are ones I would choose...just stunning! Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I love both! The brown and green is wonderful, but I also like the table topper you got such a great deal on!
Hugs, Lana