WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday.......Tin is in, at least in the kitchen!

Time for the ever fun and creative Metamorphosis Monday.
Thank you to Susan at ,http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ , for hosting us.
Be sure and stop in her blog, check out the other Met Monday posters this week!



Before..... I had this old piece of tin ceiling I had an idea for.
I wanted to make a ceiling medallion for our kitchen chandelier out of it.
Been waiting for the hubby to help me do this project.
Sometimes that is the hardest part!! He isn't always as inspired as I am to do
things or projects. I know, it is a girls thing, nesting!!
This is the chandelier without it.....
(Click on photos to enlarge)






After..... here it is with it up.
With some help from me, we both did it and got it done.
Was not an easy thing for a moment but with a few swear words ( his),
it happened, lol!!
I rather like it, just what I had envisioned, a little bit of old whimsy.
It was already painted this old dark bricky red, so it goes well with what I have in the room already.









5 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

That is very clever. It really makes quite a difference. Thanks for sharing this great idea.
Best wishes, Natasha.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Now that is such a creative idea and just gorgeous. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

very creative. Still on for this friday? I am.. mishelle

nannykim said...

Oh, I like this , but wish you had shown more of the room!!

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

Dena Pickle said...

Oh what a great idea and I love the red!
Love the chandelier too-perfect!
Dena
sweetpicklesandchocolate