WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday......2 for the price of one post!

Time for our ever fun Met Monday. Thank you to Susan at,http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ , for hosting us yet again.
Be sure and see her fantastic blog and all the other bloggers who are posting this week.



Before.....this little old vanity chair from the 60's had seen better days.
But it just needed a little TLC. So I took it home from the thrift store for $15.
(Click on any photo to enlarge.
After.... I finally decided on some gold damask fabric.
Kept it simple. I repainted the metal parts with an off white paint first and then
highlighted it with gold so you could see the rose details

Before......I had an idea to recycle some empty wine bottles after I saw these sticker labels
at Michaels craft store.
They were a package of 4 for like $1.99.
So I went there today to get some and also a pumpkin or two.
Here are my empty wine bottles that I had not sent to recycling yet.
(Click on any photo to enlarge.)


After......I have some spooky wine bottle or Halloween potions
candle sticks.


I added some bits of ribbon and some bling rhinestones to the bottles.
It was great that one of the bottles was sort of a black color glass and the others
an eery green.

Here they are all lit up. As always do not leave candles unattended as they are
a fire danger. I trimmed the candle ends so they would fit better in the
bottle openings . I also added some quake gel to the inside of the openings to help them fit tight
and snug.

8 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great redo on the chair. What a cute idea for the bottles.:)Have a great week.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The chair turned out gorgeous and I love the Halloween bottles. What great ideas. Hugs, Marty

Carrie said...

You did a lovely job on the vanity chair. Love the fabric and the addition of the rope and tassel detail!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Linda...

Fabulous transformation on your chair, my friend! I love the pretty damask patterned fabric that you chose to recover this little beauty with!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

cindy said...

I love the fabric you chose for your chair...so pretty!
peace, cindy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Linda I love the bottles...tooo cute my friend...I never do halloween any more with the kids all gone and no kids come up here on my mountain top...I get to eat all the candy myself ha ha!! May you have a great week...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Pat Harris said...

I love the chair, that's something I would definately have brought home! I also loved the "learning plate" you wrote about in another entry. What a wonderful blog you have. Thank you for stopping by Junkblossoms! If you hadn't, I wouldn't have found you. Pat

nannykim said...

Creeeeeeeeeeepy--hey, I have never heard of quake gel! Is that a glue or what?

My house blog is the Spindle Cottage glog (I have several blogs and it can get confusing!)