WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Halloween Month......what do you like to do?

This time of year sure is fun. I enjoy seeing little ones with their parents
picking out their costumes at the store, getting excited to go Trick or Treating.
I get nostalgic and like to read old stories, like those that were read to us in grade school this time of year.
Especially The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
My GGG Grandmother was Julia Van Tassel and YES we are descendants of "those Van Tassels" that Washington Irving wrote about in that story. So makes it all the more interesting.
Ron and I always start building fires on these cold clear nights with the moon and stars so bright out side.
We cuddle up watching scary movies at times with a hot cup of cider.
Halloween weekend I always get a craving for chocolate glazed cake donuts with the Halloween sprinkles.
Usually Ron will bring some home for me.
I love burning pumpkin scented candles and get in the mood to fill the house with Fall.
I like waiting for our pretty red maple tree in the front yard turn all it's colors , gorgeous!
God sure does give us some glorious seasons!
What do you like to do?

No comments: