WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

An Evening at Speckled Hen .......a lotta bit country!

Well this evening I had an invite to a shop I like in Snohomish and I am trying to go
to these special events that alot of small businesses are throwing to support them etc.
Something we have to do in these times!
I even got in a quick visit to Joyworks,http://joyworks-shopgirl.blogspot.com/ before they closed too.
Lynda the owner of Speckled Hen Country Store is so nice and she had a nice table of punch and yummy baked goods for us evening shoppers too.
Check out her blog,http://speckledhencountrystore.blogspot.com/ , and encourage her to blog.
She is new at it and so we have to help her with that too by being blog buddies!
Great things on the wall for sale here.
I am in love with this horse, but for my best friend, I might have to get it as
a gift for her and her hubby. She is a horse gal and they just finally finished a home
they were renovating themselves.
These are made by a son and mother in Vermont.
They salvage metal from old barns that are being torn down or reroofed
They are a unique piece of folk art I think!
(Click on any photo to enlarge)
Here is the store sign.



Even the wagon out front with flowers is cute!


This is the wall behind her desk and register area.
I have always loved that chick feeder. And look at these handmade and painted cats, to darling!


A larger view of some of the store.
All sorts of fun things can be found here!


You'll find old garden tools, yummy smelling candles, rug hooking materials,
old kitchen gadgets, primitive furniture, signs , and so much more!


She has alot of great fabric for decore or quilts in the store.
Fun signs, always something to catch your eye!


Don't you love this old green cupboard.
And the handmade dolls in her store are so darling.
The old dried hops on the limb above remind me of the valley where
my Grandparents had their farm.

This room done like going into an old shed or barn.
There are the cutest things in every nook and cranny!



1 comment:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like the kind of place I could get lost in.
Thanks for sharing.
Glenda