WELCOME TO MY CASTLE....A PLACE WHERE I DREAM, CREATE, CHAT, ENJOY, SHARE, AND HOPEFULLY SPREAD SOME REGAL JOY!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Loot from yesterdays travels and treasure hunting!

Well boy howdy did Mishelle, The Crowned Casa blog, and I do it up right
yesterday on Whidbey Island!
We shopped till we dropped and then some. This will be the first of a couple posts to show off
some photos and loot!
Good thing we went yesterday because today there is more snow falling in the Northwest, oh joy, aren't we done with that already! I know my head is feeling the barometric pressure change, as I awoke with a headache. Or else it was shopping hang over, LOL!
Anyway, here we go, here is cute Mishelle in her custom made TShirt ( She made me one too, yippy) in downtown Langley WA.
(Click on any photos to enlarge)




And my goodies she gave me. Cute bag with my own Crown Name T Shirt inside and a pretty ( that didn't show well) Frenchy Bird Paperweight..
it was like my BD or something!





Some of my bargains of the day.
Cute little brass flush mount light fixture on left, found at thrift store with all it's prisms,
marked $8 but they were doing 1/2 price.
Mishelle is the one with the eagle eye for things let me tell you, she saw it first but let me have it.
And this thrift store supported rescued animals, so we did a wee good thing too.
And the Bordallo P. Majolic grape salad plates ( set of 4) that still had
the $4.99 price tags on them
from Marshalls but I found at the Goodwill we stopped at on our way home for .99 cents each.
To be seen in a future Tablescape one day!


A find at the Greenbank Farms antique show.
French Portieux ( marked inside) Cat on Drum Covered Milk Glass
dish that is worth way more than the $20 I got it for.

Another great find at that animal rescue thrift store.
Delaware Patterned Pressed Glass Ruby Flashed open sugar or spooner dish in perfect condition.
Marked $2 but again 1/2 price so got it for $1.08 with tax!


Some fun finds at the Red Rooster Antique Mall.
A couple ornate plaster on wood quilt picture frames,
a guilded plaster angel.
And the little black plasterwork frame with cute child print was a find at a booth
at Greenbank Farms.

And drum roll.......
the grand piece or finale of the day,
This brass eight light chandelier with all it's prisms.
The story behind this is; we were at the antique mall across the street from this when
my hubby called. "So you having fun?" he asked. I said "yes way fun!".
I told him I saw a little curio mirrored back side piece that matched our antiques in the
dining room . He said "Well how much is it?", I told him.
He said he would pay most of it. But then I told him that I had seen this chandelier and almost wanted it more. Again we discussed how much it was etc.
All the while on my cell phone, probably annoying the other shoppers in the mall, which a couple of them , husband and wife were giggling about my conversation.
So he said, I will pay for most of it if you want it more.
Mishelle and I both in shock, a husband who said to buy it!!!
What did he want? ( Actually later last night he told me , Happy Early Mother's
Day, isn't that Sweet!!)
Then just to plop down the loot for it ( and they were doing a no tax weekend to bring in
business too!)
Home in my back seat it came all wrapped in a blanky in a box!!
I can't wait till we can get it up over the dining room table.
The smaller one I have there now is going to get moved but I am not sure where to yet, probably our bedroom. Then the little 4 light one I worked on last week can go in the entry and pretty
soon it will be chandelier heaven at Castle Queen!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats dear.It is just lovely.Awwwwwww...Ann

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see it hanged. That sparkley beauty! m

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

YIKES!!!!!! What wonderful finds. I was green before, but now it's moved on to complete envy. It looks like you had a wonderful day. I loved the pair of pink chairs. My grandma had a set just like that, but they were gold brocade....I hated them then (country style decorating), but I'd love them now. Sadly, they found another home. Love your chandy......congrats! My daughter has one that's very similar. I've been looking for a long time, but haven't found one.....mine is old French tole.....and a bit small for my dining room. That's ok....it gives me something to look for.

Have a great week,
Spencer